Read what others are saying about Compassionate Action for Animals
- "CAA is the most dedicated animal rights organization in the Twin Cities and they have provided me with numerous ways to make a difference." - Amy O.
- "All of us [activists] and everyone in the larger animal rights community, owes a debt of gratitude to your group. You are all doing important work, and your commitment always translates into action." - Mark B.
"Through CAA I've come to realize that every little bit I do to end the suffering of animals makes a difference. But my efforts combined with others sets an example for a whole new generation, offering knowledgeable support in everything from raising positive awareness of farming to maintaining nutrition as a vegan. Through CAA I believe people give animals and our society a brighter, more socially responsible future. CAA has definitely given me hope for a better tomorrow." - Jen G.
- "As a vegetarian arriving in Minneapolis, I wanted to find a group of people who cared for animals as much as I did. Compassionate Action for Animals was so accepting and it was wonderful being involved in this group. This group has had a great impact on my life and I know that by being involved in it I can make that same impact on others' lives." - Margot G.
- Read more volunteer testimonials.
- "CAA is a tremendous powerhouse of people who are energized and devoted to making this world a better place - one meal at a time. As far as donations, there is no better return on your investment than through CAA, who effectively reach out to young minds questioning the ways of our culture. Both their efforts and impact are highly focused and result-driven. A truly amazing group." - Mark V.
- "I am very impressed with the work of Compassionate Action for Animals. Concern for the real, daily suffering of farm animals is at the core of this dedicated group. This group has had a great impact on my life and I know that by being involved in it I can make that same impact on others' lives." - Eileen A.
- "I don't think it's a worthy cause" - Unny's mom
Other Animal Advocacy Organizations and Activists
- "They are well-organized, and they employ an extensive array of grassroots activities to promote veganism and respect for animals. CAA says that they strive 'to use the most accurate and reliable information available in our efforts to educate people about animals.' As a result, their website is a wealth of good, dependable information for activists. I think they serve as a model for other city- or regional-based vegan activist groups." - Ginny Messina, vegan dietician and co-author of Vegan for Life
- "CAA is the new wave of animal activism, blending a winning combination of ingredients including youth, intelligence, professionalism, media savvy, and contemporary technology to advocate passionately and successfully for its chosen constituency." - Joe Connelly, editor, Veg News.
- "Compassionate Action for Animals demonstrates just how easy it is for each one of us to help animals every time we sit down to eat. The organization stretches dollars to ensure that it's operating as efficiently as possible, and has raised an immense amount of awareness regarding the abuse animals on factory farms too routinely endure." - Paul Shapiro, director of the Factory Farming Campaign at the Humane Society of the United States
- "Compassionate Action for Animals is just the kind of pro-animal organization we need to make a real difference. I've been impressed by the hard work and dedication of its volunteers, its concern to stretch its limited financial resources as far as possible, and its sensible, pragmatic approach to making the greatest possible difference for as many animals as possible. I've been involved with the animal movement for more than 30 years, and I just wish that there were more organizations like CAA." Peter Singer, bioethicist and author of Animal Liberation
- "Compassionate Action for Animals offers an energetic voice for farmed animals and is bringing about change through positive and effective vegetarian outreach campaigns." - Erica Meier, executive director of Compassion Over Killing
- "There's no doubt that Compassionate Action for Animals is one of the best-organized and most effective regional animal protection groups in the United States. Their tireless campaigns have prevented cruelties to countless millions of animals, and the organization's efforts have taken the struggle against factory farming to a new level." - Erik Marcus, author of Meat Market: Animals, Ethics, and Money and publisher of Vegan.com
- "One of the reasons Compassionate Action for Animals is so effective and inspiring is because they have focused first and foremost on having maximum impact...By focusing on factory farming and the vegetarian option, the efforts of CAAâ€™s volunteers have the greatest effect in the world. Furthermore, instead of spending their limited time and resources reinventing the wheel (i.e., outreach materials), Compassionate Action for Animals chooses the best materials already available and reaches as many new people as possible. If only we could clone CAA and transplant them into cities across the country!" - Matt Ball, co-founder and Executive Director of Vegan Outreach and member of the Animal Rights Hall of Fame
- "Compassionate Action for Animals is an inspirational example of the powerful change grassroots organizations can accomplish. Through their many forms of thought-provoking public outreach and education, CAA has opened the hearts and minds of countless individuals to the plight of farmed animals. CAA is one of the most effective grassroots organizations in the country at exposing factory farm cruelty and inspiring consumers to adopt cruelty-free diets. Through their materials, such as their extensive VegGuide.org website, CAA also provides invaluable resources to individuals around the world." - Nathan Runkle, Executive Director of Mercy For Animals
- "Compassionate Action for Animals is one of the most important and effective grassroots animal advocacy organizations in the United States. Establishing a focus on factory farmingâ€“arguably the most widespread form of animal exploitationâ€“allows CAA to focus its efforts in a way that ensures that they won't become overwhelmed and thus allows them to produce maximum results and garner widespread sympathy from the public. CAA's innovative and professional approach is a wonderful example of the effect that dedicated organizations can have in a community." - Bruce Friedrich, former vice president of International Grassroots Campaigns at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
- "CAA is an inspiration to all who know its work. Whereas most grassroots groups come and go, CAA endures. No organization better exemplifies the adage 'Think globally, act locally.' For Minnesotans wanting to get active or help those who already are, there is no better place to turn than CAA." - Tom Regan, philosopher and author of The Case for Animal Rights and Empty Cages: Facing the Challenge of Animal Rights