Easy Spring Vegan Cooking Class on May 23
To unsubscribe, click the link at the bottom of this email or send an email using the email address you are subscribed with.
Learn how to make some easy and delicious vegan recipes!
Instructor Nathan J. Huerkamp started cooking from scratch from an early age with his mom using fresh produce from the family garden. For this class he will be demonstrating how to prepare:
- "Far from Dirty" Quinoa
- Basil Walnut Mushroom Caps
- Classy Roasted Vegetables with Cashew Sauce
- Almond Fruit Smoothies
- Time: May 23, 2012 from 12:30 PM to 12:30 PM
- Location: Van Cleve Recreational Center, 901 15th Ave. SE Minneapolis, MN
Happy hour to celebrate the demise of ag-gag in Minnesota! The bills that would make it a crime to videotape and to show footage shot inside puppy and kitten mills and factory farms did not advance during the Minnesota Legislative 2011-2012 biennium.
Ag-gag bills have been introduced in state legislatures around the country, and so far in 2012, ag-gag laws have been passed in Iowa and Utah. The demise of ag-gag legislation in Minnesota is something we should be very glad about, so let's celebrate!
Thanks to Minnesota Voters for Animal Protection for organizing this event. See the event listing on their website.
Note on food: There are vegetarian and vegan items available at Bulldog NE! Vegan items include:
- "Not dog" ordered "Chicago style" or with "Maxwell Street Polish" fixings.
- Portabella sandwich ordered without the cheese.
- Bavarian pretzels, fries, garden salad.
Also, the buns are vegan. The black bean veggie burger and the tater tots both contain egg.
Immediately after the happy hour, please join us at our Easy Spring Vegan Cooking Class.
We have a reservation, so no need to wait for an awesome table.
- Time: May 24, 2012 from 07:30 PM to 10:00 PM
- Location: Chatterbox Pub, 800 Cleveland Ave S, St Paul, MN