Help out at the 2012 Vegan Food Showcase
Your help is needed for one of our most fun volunteer opportunities of the year: to help staff our annual vegan food showcase on Tuesday, September 11!
This giveaway will be a ton of fun and are a great, positive way to promote vegetarianism to interested students and community members. At our last giveaway, around 1,500 people stopped by to sample delicious vegan food and learn more about going veg!
This event will go from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, and we could use your help for any period between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm. The location of this event is the West Bank bridgehead on the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities campus.
There are many things you can volunteer to do at the food giveaway. These include:
Set up/Chalk (8:00to 10:00 AM)
- Requirements: Able-bodied volunteers needed to set up tables and start preparing food.
- Benefits: Smell delicious food cooking while hanging out with like minded people.
- Number needed: 9.
Food Servers (2 shifts - 9:45 AM to 12:00 PM,
and 11:45 AM to 2:00 PM)
- Requirements: Be friendly, hard working, and careful volunteers needed to prepare and serve the food samples, as well as answer questions and distribute literature.
- Benefits: Everyone's favorite job, you will meet lots of people who will be happy that you are giving them delicious free food, as well as meeting other CAA volunteers.
- Number needed: 12 per hour.
- Leafleters (2 shifts - 9:45 am to 12:00 pm and 11:45 am to 2 pm)
- Requirements: Be outgoing and willing to approach people to give them literature. You will hand out flyers and encourage people to try vegan food samples and take the pledge to be veg.
- Benefits: Get the word out about animal cruelty and get more folks to try our food.
- Number needed: 3 per hour.
If you would like to help out, please contact us with the time(s) of day you are available. It is a great outreach opportunity, and we guarantee lots of fun!
Email email@example.com or call 612-276-2242 to sign up!
Pledge to be Veg takers (2 shifts - 9:45 AM
to 12:00 PM, and 11:45 AM to 2:00 PM)
- Requirements: Friendly volunteers needed to walk around the event attempting to get people to take the Veg Pledge and then recording the results.
- Benefits: Meet lots of people in favorable circumstances to social change. Recording a tangible benefit for animals to your volunteering work!
- Number needed: 3 per hour
Photography (1 or 2 hours between 10 AM and 2
- Requirements: Take pictures of the event. Must take a picture of the VegFund sign.
- Benefits: Meet other CAA volunteers, and perhaps taste delicious free food.
- Number needed: 2.
- Requirements: Able-bodied volunteers needed to take down and clean up tables and leftover food. Expect to lift heavy objects.
- Benefits: A chance at delicious leftovers!
- Number needed: 8
- Requirements: Enter the Veg Pledge information the day after the event.
- Benefits: Hang out at the CAA office with Unny. Perhaps he will perform his Mr. Roboto parody if you ask nicely.
- Number needed: 2