Veg Week 2013
Join Compassionate Action for Animals November 15 - 23 for a week-long celebration of all things veg!
Compassionate Action for Animals (CAA) started our celebration all things veg back in 2004. Over the course of one week we celebrate vegetarian diets, educate the public about compassionate food choices, and inspire respect for farm animals. Events include a film screening, the Thanksgiving potluck, a dine-out, a cooking class, and more. Check out our calendar below for a full list of events and times. If you have any questions about Veg Week, contact Unny. Please invite your friends on Facebook.
Pledge to be Veg!
Participate in Veg Week by taking our Pledge to be Veg and choosing to eat vegetarian for the week! Already a vegetarian? We are encouraging vegetarians to try eating vegan.
Don't worry, we make it easy! When you Pledge, you receive a Pledge Card that gives discounts at local veg-friendly restaurants and businesses. We also help by sending email updates with recipes and nutrition advice, and providing a supportive community of animal lovers who will be attending our events!
Encourage your friends to take the pledge too!
Veg Pledge Discount Card
When you take the pledge, you'll get a discount on vegetarian food at the following local restaurants:
- Evergreen Chinese
- Galactic Pizza
- The Himalayan
- Katar River Restaurant & Bakery
- Tao Natural Foods
Calendar of Events
All events are free and open to the public. RSVP's are requested
- A tour of Chicken Run Rescue on Sunday, November 17, 2013 from noon to 1 pm. (Address provided after RSVP)
- A screening of the classic Babe film on Monday, November 18, from 7 to 9 pm in room 319 Coffman Memorial Union, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 300 Washington Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
- A Vegan Bake Sale on Tuesday, November 19, from 10 am to 2 pm on the ground floor of Coffman Memorial Union, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 300 Washington Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
- Shop With a Vegan on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 from 7 to 8 pm at the Seward Co-op, 2823 E Franklin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55406. Check out a grocery store with tips from a vegan expert!
- A dine-out on Wednesday, November 20, 2013, at 7 pm at Jasmine 26, 8 East 26th St., Minneapolis, MN 55404.
- An introduction to vegan baking class on Thursday, November 21, 2013 from 7 to 8:30 pm at Van Cleve Recreational Center, 901 15th Avenue SE Minneapolis, MN 55414
- The annual Vegan Thanksgiving Potluck is on Saturday, November 23, 2013 from 1 to 4 pm at Matthews Park Recreation Center, 2318 29th Ave. S Minneapolis, MN 55406