Mock Tuna Salad
Sink your teeth into an amazing vegan tuna sandwich. This tuna-friendly version is better than the real thing!
- 2(15oz.) cans chick-peas, drained (or 3c. cooked)
- ¾ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup minced celery
- 1/3 cup minced dill pickle
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kelp powder (optional)
- ½ salt, or 1 tablespoon miso
- pepper, to taste
In a medium bowl, mash the chick-peas coarsely with a fork. Mix in the remaining ingredients, using ½ cup mayonnaise at first, and then adding more as needed. cover and refrigerate. Use on sandwiches or on a bed of salad greens.