On Thursday, April 30, hundreds of restaurants are participating in the 21st annual Dining Out for Life event in Minnesota. When you dine at these restaurants on that day, a portion of the proceeds will benefit The Aliveness Project, an organization that serves HIV-positive Minnesotans with a comprehensive array of programs.
Here’s a list of my favorite veg-friendly restaurants that are participating. I’ve noted what percentage of proceeds will be donated to the Aliveness Project, which mealtimes apply, and what the restaurants have to offer.
In one fell swoop, you can support not only those people in Minnesota living with HIV, but you can also have an excellent vegan or vegetarian meal. Now, that’s what I call dining out for life!
- Pizza Luce
- Lunch or dinner (dine in only)
- Vegan pizza, sandwiches, pasta, and more
- The Wedge Table
- Breakfast, lunch, or dinner
- Cooperative cafe and market with lots of vegan options
- Ginger Hop
- Lunch or dinner
- Asian cuisine in swanky setting
- Sen Yai Sen Lek
- Lunch or dinner
- Thai cuisine with large portions
- Birchwood Cafe
- Fresh food with down-home appeal
- May Day Cafe
- Breakfast or Lunch
- Cozy cafe with awesome vegan scones, cookies, burritos, and more
- Galactic Pizza
- Lunch or Dinner
- Vegan pizza and nondairy cheesecake
- Hard Times Cafe
- Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner
- Collectively owned diner with lots of vegan comfort food
- Namaste Cafe
- Indian and Nepalese cuisine with excellent soy chai
You can follow the links to read more about these restaurants on VegGuide, our community-maintained guide to veg-friendly restaurants. Of the 225 restaurants participating in Dining Out for Life in Minnesota, there are bound to be others with great vegan options. These are just my personal favorites. Happy dining!