If you love Twin Cities Veg Fest and want to see it grow, one important way that you can help out is to spread the word, letting others know about it. There’s lots of ways you can do this. Here are just a few options:
Use Social Media
Make Original Social Media Posts
- Use photos whenever possible.
- @tag “TCVegFest” on Instagram and Twitter, and tag our Facebook page.
- If your post also highlights another business or organization such as one of our exhibitors or a business you would like to be an exhibitor, @tag them too!
- Use hashtags #TCVegFest and #CelebrateCompassion
- If you have room, mention the date, location, and time: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 10am – 4pm at Coffman Memorial Union, Minneapolis MN.
- Topics for posting:
- Post about our sponsors and exhibitors.
- If you know of a product or local food vendor that you would like to see participate in Twin Cities Veg Fest, let them know. Tell them how 2014 food vendors such as Glam Doll Donuts were wildly successful and sold out by early afternoon. Then, post a picture of their product, tag them with @tcvegfest or with our Facebook page, and include the hashtag #TCVegFest.
- Post about our speakers and cooking demos.
- Post a #ThrowbackThursday (#TBT, #WBW, or #FBF) of a photo from last year’s Twin Cities Veg Fest.
Why should I post about #TCVegFest?
In addition to being a part of the team that makes Twin Cities Veg Fest a success, you have the opportunity to get a little extra swag. The top 20 social media posts on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook are guaranteed a swag bag on the day of our event (no need to get up early to wait in line), and those swag bags will include one extra special item! To participate for your chance to win, your social media posts must be public and will be judged by quality as well as popularity.
Other Ways to Share
- Post Images on Your Blog or Website
- If you have a blog or website of your own, here are two images you can use to link to our site (click on the images for larger versions that you can download):
- Share the Weekly Update
- Subscribe to Compassionate Action for Animals’ Weekly Update and forward emails about the festival to your friends. We’ll have a lot of exciting news about the festival coming up in the months leading up to the festival.
However you choose to share the news, be sure to reach out to your friends who are not vegan or vegetarian. Over the years, we’ve learned that the most common way for non-vegetarians to hear about the festival is from their vegetarian friends. We’d love to have even more non-vegetarians come to the festival to learn about why and how to make more compassionate food choices. Your help getting them there is crucial.
In addition to sharing the festival online, you’re welcome to help us promote the festival by distributing posters and flyers around town. Check out our event page for postering opportunities.
Do you know of another way that we can get the word out? Let us know!
Join us and help make Twin Cities Veg Fest even better!