Looking for one more opportunity to feast on plant-based food truck eats before winter comes?
Featuring food vendors and other plant-based entrepreneurs at Lake Monster Brewing, this event is for all––veg and veg-curious.
All three vegan Twin Cities food trucks (Reverie Cafe + Bar, The Herbivorous Butcher Food Truck, and The J. Mobile) will be there to satisfy your sweet, savory, and possibly even your breakfast tooth before going off to their deep winter slumber.
In true festival fashion, continue celebrating the vibrant and growing Twin Cities plant-based scene with a growing list of vendors, including:
- Coconut Whisk Baking Co. creates simple and clean vegan, gluten-free, and allergen-friendly baking mixes. Their core beliefs that food connects people, that no one should miss out due to allergies or lifestyle choices, and supporting and giving back to the voiceless is what powers their sweet mission.
- Crepe & Spoon is a vegan ice cream and crepe shop in Northeast Minneapolis. They design seasonally-inspired savory crepes and sweet dessert crepes alongside a rotating selection of handcrafted ice cream, relying on high-quality and local ingredients.
- Ethique Nouveau is a Minneapolis-based boutique dedicated to providing their customers with unique, high-quality designer products that do not rely on animal testing, ingredients, skins, or furs.
- Kelska Blu is an online vegan boutique that carries natural, handmade, vegan, and cruelty-free home goods, bath and body, skincare, hair care, and accessories.
- Noble Soap Gallery is a maker of all natural, sustainable, handmade vegan soap based in NE Minneapolis. They are committed to reducing their carbon footprint, offering free bicycle delivery to anyone in Minneapolis and using biodegradable labels and packaging.
- PLNT BSD creates comfortable and stylish apparel using vegan materials and ink that is not tested on animals. Their aim is to start more conversations about the benefits of a plant-based diet and lifestyle by spreading their positive messaging.
- Prairie Vegan Pies focuses on pies, but they also fulfill custom orders for cakes, cheesecakes, tarts, and cookies. Everything is made from scratch and is 100% vegan!
- Rawr Organics created the Rawr Bar, the ultimate vegan, paleo-friendly bar with a mission to support and feed starving children. Made with eight high quality, organic ingredients, this protein-packed bar will keep you fueled and satisfied throughout the day.
- Robin Asbell is a plant-based chef, author, and instructor located in the Minneapolis area. She has authored eight books and speaks about whole grains and eating well to various groups throughout the year.
- Sweet Root Mpls creates dairy-free and vegan desserts, focusing on using organic, fair trade, non-GMO, natural ingredients, and food dyes whenever possible.
- Tempeh Tantrum hand makes fresh East Javanese-style tempeh in small batches for the Twin Cities and beyond. Starting with local organic soybeans, they culture them and follow a customized fermentation process that transforms the soybeans into a firm, savory cake that can be cooked in a variety of ways.
- Vegan East creates vegan cakes, cupcakes, cookies, muffins, quiche, rolls, and cheesecakes, with several gluten-free options. They have locations in uptown Minneapolis and downtown White Bear Lake.
The Plant Based Showcase will take place rain or snow and is zero-waste. Lake Monster has plenty of space to keep you warm and dry. We encourage you to bring your own utensils and reusable napkins.
Lake Monster Brewing has a parking lot and overflow street parking. The majority of their beer is vegan, except for their Murmur Milk Stout, Raspberry Berliner, and Sour Red. Attending the Plant Based Showcase is free, but all of the vendors are selling food or goods. Cards are accepted but cash is preferred.
Compassionate Action for Animals is a proud co-sponsor of the event. Volunteers are needed to help staff the CAA table. If you’d like to help out, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invite your friends and keep up-to-date on the Facebook event page.