Want to use your skills to make a difference for farmed animals? Know someone whose experience would be a great fit? Applications for this exciting job are due by February 12. Read on for the full details and how to apply.
Compassionate Action for Animals (CAA) is hiring a part-time (15 hours a week) Communications Coordinator to further our mission of encouraging people to cultivate empathy for animals and move toward a plant-based diet in order to create a world where all animals, human and non-human, can thrive. We are seeking a candidate with experience in marketing, writing, editing, publications management, and use of social media.
This position collaborates extensively with the Executive Director, Outreach Coordinator, Design Director, and volunteers. Collaboration will be done through a combination of remote meetings and online tools. All work can be done remotely and scheduling is flexible. At this time, employees are expected to do the majority of their work from home due to COVID-19. CAA is a nationally-recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit based in Minneapolis and we seek a candidate living in the Twin Cities metro area.
- Writing for varied audiences and in varied formats such as event descriptions, program descriptions, organizational emails, magazine articles, annual reports, fundraising appeal letters, and blog posts
- Engaging and supporting volunteers to do similar writing
- Managing multiple social media account for various programs on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Using CAA’s social media to encourage our followers to engage with their compassion for animals and plant-based eating, and to take action with us in creating a world that cares for human and non-human animals, with a focus on animals raised for food
- Promoting our own media and that of other aligned organizations
- Promoting our events
- Supporting social media volunteers to achieve the same goals
- Leading the development and publication of our annual magazine, Twin Cities Veg Living, and supporting volunteer writers in drafting and revising content, with support from other staff
Requirements and Skills
- A strong desire to expand compassion for farmed animals and adoption of compassionate eating choices
- Project or publications management experience
- Demonstrated experience in organizational and/or event marketing; training in journalism, public relations, or marketing a plus
- Social media savvy
- Strong organizational skills and a keen eye for details
- Excellent time-management skills
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient, yet with collaboration skills
- Adherence to our core values, enthusiasm for our strategic plan, and maintenance of a vegan lifestyle
Salary and Benefits
This position is 62 hours a month and pays $20/hr. Payroll is run once a month and pay is $1,240 a month before taxes. The hours will be averaged out over the course of the year. There are no additional benefits offered. We seek candidates interested in making at least a two-year commitment to the position.
How to Apply
- Please send an email of interest along with your resume to email@example.com which details your attributes and skills, and touches on how you are qualified for the responsibilities of the position by Sunday, February 13.
- Please attach:
- A 500-word or fewer description of a plant-based on a budget cooking class as it would be posted on our website. (You can just make up the class content.)
- Please send an outline of your social media promotion for the event, starting a month prior to the class. It should contain the types of posts you would create and the frequency of posting within a Facebook event as well as on our main Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages.
- Please send documents as Google Docs, PDFs, Excel, or Word files.
- Work samples from previous jobs or experiences are welcomed.
We will notify candidates whether or not we plan to interview them the week of February 14.