Sunday, July 4, 2021
11:00am - 2:00pm
Main Shelter C at North Mississippi Regional Park
Compassionate Action for Animals is bringing back the vegan potluck picnic! Join us for an epic afternoon of vegan food and fun. All are welcome. Find us at Main Shelter C at North Mississippi Regional Park, 5116 N Mississippi Dr, Minneapolis, MN 55412. The picnic will be held rain or shine.
This year, for everyone’s safety, we ask attendees to wear masks when they are not eating. Volunteers will serve food using food safety protocols (hairnets, masks, and gloves). The pavilion is large and has plenty of space for social distancing, and it can provide protection in case of rain.
Here’s what you can bring:
- If your last name begins with A-G: side dish or salad
- If your last name begins with H-S: main dish
- If your last name begins with T-Z: beverage or dessert
Make sure that whatever you bring is completely vegan (no meat, fish, dairy, eggs, or honey) and will provide at least 8 servings. Please also bring a list of ingredients for your dish. We will have some serving utensils available, but you are encouraged to bring a serving utensil for your dish.
Compostable plates, cups, and utensils will be provided, but we encourage you to bring your own to save on waste.
Bring your omnivore friends, too! This is a great opportunity to introduce others to the awesomeness of vegan food and to our community.
RSVP ON FACEBOOK (link coming soon!) | SIGN UP TO HELP OUT HERE
A few things to keep in mind:
- This is a family-friendly event. There’s a nearby playground, and we’ll have some fun activities such as volleyball, badminton, and other games.
- Dogs are welcome!
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- Parking is limited. If you’re driving, leave yourself extra time to find a spot. Consider carpooling, using metro transit, or biking to get there.
- Use Google Maps to find North Mississippi Regional Park. Click here to see a pdf map of the park.
- Arrive within the first hour for the best selection of food.
Want to help out? Volunteers are needed from 10 am to 2:30 pm to help with setup, cleanup, games, grilling, and more. Sign up here!
Enjoy these images from the 2018 picnic potluck!
Photos by Laura Carroll Photography