Monday, March 27, 2023
5:30pm - 6:30pm
Spanish Paella is a rice and veggies dish that traditionally uses seafood and other types of animal products, which makes this the perfect dish to veganize. The dish takes its name from the wide, shallow pan traditionally used to cook the dish on an open fire, paella being the word for a frying pan in the Valencian/Catalan language.
In this class, you’ll witness how we keep all of the aromatic spices and never comprise on the taste of this mouth watering dish. When you make it, your guests will immediately be drawn to the carefully crafted mix of spices and finally the colorful composition of veggies popping with every bite.
This recipe will definitely have everyone lining up for seconds. Register today!
Class registration is $5.00 or free for students and people who are unemployed. The class will take place via Zoom and login instructions will be provided by email after registration.
You’ll need to pre-purchase or have on hand these ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped, minced or crushed
- 1 large tomato, diced (sub 1⁄2 cup canned)
- 1 1/2 cups Bomba Rice (sub arborio rice)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (sub 1 teaspoon dried)
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
We’ll be using the recipe from the blog veganhuggs.com. Be sure to check out Melissa Huggins’ other great recipes there!