Monday, September 26, 2022
5:30pm - 6:30pm
The Po Boy sandwich has been a Southern staple when it comes to seafood. This hack to veganize this using heart of palms is amazing and fullfills that desire for seafood.
In this class, you’ll learn how heart of palms is used to give you that seafood feel and taste as we fry this up and serve on a bun with perfection, preparation and tons of rewards.
This recipe is one you’ll pull out on those cool fall evenings. Register today!
You’ll need to pre-purchase or have on hand these ingredients:
- 2 cans Hearts of Palm drained patted dry & cut into 1⁄2” pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups non-dairy milk
- 3⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon celery salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Avocado oil for frying to coat bottom of large pan
- 1 large French bread loaf or 4 6-inch hoagie loaves
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups iceberg lettuce shredded
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons pickles minced
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish from the jar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce4.67 from 6 votes
We’ll be using the Vegan Po Boy recipe from the About to Sprout blog. Be sure to check out the other great recipes there!