Monday, March 1, 2021
5:30pm - 6:30pm
Join CAA’s Tamuno Imbu online as he teaches how to make a warm flavorful winter classic — the pot pie! This excellent dinner dish features a flaky crust filled with savory veggies marinated in a thick broth.
Tamuno says, “I love how basic this dish is, and at the same time has complex flavors.” Most pot pie recipes call for meat as a base for the flavor, but this dish from the Minimalist Baker food blog is all plants. And, you can make this family favorite in one hour or less.
This packed-with-veggies pot pie will truly warm your soul on late winter’s chilly nights. Join this class and learn how to satisfy those comfort food cravings in the best possible way.
Class registration is $5 or free for students and people who are unemployed. The class will take place via Zoom and login instructions will be provided after registration.
If you want to cook along with Tamuno during the class, you’ll need these ingredients:
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion (1/2 medium onion yields ~3/4 cup chopped
- 1 large clove garlic (minced)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups of frozen or fresh mixed vegetables
- 1/4 unsweetened plain non-dairy milk
- ~1/4 cup of unbleached all purpose flour (Tamuno likes spelt flour)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Pinch of each sea salt and black pepper
- 1 batch of Best Damn Vegan Biscuits (or store bought pie crust)