Monday, October 25, 2021
6:00pm - 7:00pm
Nothing warms the soul quite like a warm, creamy soup filled with enchanting spices. This recipe is especially good this time of the year because of the abundant harvest of veggies included. You can even customize the combination of veggies in the soup to your preference.
Join CAA’s home cooking expert, Tamuno Imbu, in the (virtual) kitchen for some cooking, collaboration and community. In this hour-long class held via Zoom, you will have the chance to chop, simmer, and laugh while creating an amazing vegan soup you and your dinner companions are sure to love.
Class registration is $5 or free for students and people who are unemployed. Your Zoom login instructions will be provided after registration.
You’ll need to have these ingredients ready to go if you want to cook along with the class:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 12-oz cans coconut milk
- 2 tbsp cilantro, roughly chopped (extra for garnish)
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced