The Community Tabling Coordinator will oversee CAA’s community tabling. Essential duties include gathering materials for displays and managing tabling volunteers.
- Coordinate and execute at least one tabling event every month
- Work with at least two other volunteers for each tabling event
- With assistance from your supervisor, recruit and train volunteers to staff tables
- With assistance from your supervisor, recruit and train volunteers to help with pay-per-view programs
- Be aware of upcoming CAA events that should be advertised at tables
- Secure all necessary materials for tabling including: literature, sign up sheets, tables, signage, tents, pens, and video players
- Arrange for transportation of all materials to tabling locations
- Communicate with the Outreach Coordinator to ensure that all tabling duties are being fulfilled
- Delegate responsibilities to other volunteers when necessary
- Learn how to convey a message of compassion for animals
- Learn how to train volunteers to have effective tabling skills
- Educate the public about animal cruelty, plant-based diets, and CAA
- Recruit new volunteers and supporters to help further CAA’s mission of advocating for animals
- A strong desire to educate the public about CAA’s work
- Well-organized, detail oriented, creative and resourceful, with good problem-solving skills.
- Friendly and outgoing personality with good communication skills
- Able to interact positively with a wide variety of people
- Knowledgeable about animal cruelty issues and plant-based diets
- An eagerness to learn about CAA’s history, mission, core values, strategies, approach, and style of communication
- Mature judgment and ability to handle conflict in a polite and respectful way
- Previous experience with public communications (helpful but not required)
- 10 hours/month.
Many of our tabling events involve our pay-per-view. Please check it out.
If you are interested in this position, contact Unny Nambudiripad at email@example.com.