In February 2017, we’ll host our 7th Annual Vegan Chili Cook-Off, an evening of delicious chili and friendly competition, all helping to build our veg community. As in the past, contestants will enter their original chili recipes into a competition that’s judged by the attendees. It’s always a popular event. We had around a few hundred people attend in 2016, and we expect at least that many people to attend this year.
The Chili Cook-Off 2017 Committee
We’re looking for two to three people to help plan this event. The general expectations are that committee members will attend regular meetings and correspond over phone and email.
- Create a fun, welcoming event that inspires people to move towards a more compassionate lifestyle.
- Work with food! Encourage cooks to present creative, tasty, and healthy vegan food for the public.
- Gain skills and knowledge in advertising, event planning, and communications.
- Collaborate with like-minded animal advocates.
These are the general positions, but we are happy to modify these roles based on the skills and knowledge you bring.
- Promotions Coordinator – Design advertising materials such as posters, flyers, website content, and press release; coordinate advertising distribution; engage audiences on social media; update our website.
- Volunteer Coordinator – Create volunteer positions; determine the number of volunteers needed; recruit volunteers; coordinate volunteers on the day of the event.
- Logistics Wrangler – Design the cook-off contestant procedure; secure donations for prizes from businesses; determine and execute day-of procedures; plan for and keep track of supplies needed for event.
Qualifications and Time Commitment
- Basic computer skills (especially email and CAA’s internal wiki)
- Ability to manage a to-do list, set deadlines, and meet goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Available 3 – 5 hours in December
- Available 5 – 7 hours per week in January and February (with additional hours in the two weeks leading up to the event.)
If you are interested in joining the 2015 Vegan Chili Cook-Off Committee, contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-276-2242.