Our Annual Banquet will take place on March 31, 2018, and we’re recruiting volunteers to help plan the event. Planning committee members organize the logistics, recruit attendees, coordinate volunteers, and secure auction items to make the banquet a successful fundraising event. The planning begins in January of 2018 and continues through the event’s completion on March 31.
Each committee member is responsible for making sure the work gets done, though tasks may be delegated to volunteers. All committee members are required attend meetings and to correspond regularly via phone and email.
- Create a fun and engaging event to help more people see the powerful animal advocacy work that we do at Compassionate Action for Animals.
- Gain skills in advertising, logistics, communication, and working with committees.
- Meet like-minded animal advocates.
Positions and Responsibilities
- Coordinate solicitations for donations.
- Determine the value and starting bid amounts, create descriptions for each item, and create the layout for the auction.
- Review and modify as needed the procedure for the auction (what time it ends, who announces it, how we collect money, etc.).
- Coordinate thank yous, organize volunteers, follow up with owners of items that were not sold, and document the results.
- Review and modify as needed volunteer-position descriptions and determine number of volunteers needed based on the requirement of the event.
- Recruit volunteers by use of our database, newsletter, phone, email, and social media.
- Coordinate volunteer positions based on the volunteers’ scheduling needs and their skills and interests.
- Create a vegan menu that is interesting and appetizing to a diverse group of diners.
- Determine what food will be served and how it will be served.
- Determine supply needs, including silverware, dishware, napkins, serving utensils, and equipment to move food.
- Build on our established relationships with restaurants, caterers, grocery stores, and volunteers to secure donations or purchased food.
- Design invitations to be sent via mail, email, and our weekly email newsletter.
- Send invitations and work with volunteers and donors to recruit their friends, family, and co-workers.
- Ability to keep track of many tasks over a long period of time
- Some computer skills, especially using the CAA wiki and email
- The ability to set, manage, and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- For January, this position requires 3 to 5 hours per month.
- For February, the time requirement increases to 3 to 5 hours per week.
- For the last month leading up to the event, the position may require as many 5 to 7 hours per week (especially the last two weeks).
If you’re interested in joining the Banquet Planning Committee, email Laura Matanah at firstname.lastname@example.org.