CAA passes out leaflets at colleges, concerts, and festivals. The Leafleting Coordinator finds appropriate venues to distribute leaflets and coordinates interested volunteers and leaflets alongside them.
Leafleting involves handing out brochures about factory farming and plant-based eating to the public. The Leafleting Coordinator oversees all of CAA’s leafleting. Our goal is to hand out leaflets two times a month with three or more volunteers.
- Distribute literature about factory farming and plant-based eating to large numbers of people at local events that are especially attended by young adults, our target demographic
- Provide volunteers with the opportunity to make a big difference for animals in a short amount of time
Benefits of Position
- Reach new people who are interested in learning about animal agriculture and plant-based eating
- Gain skills in interpersonal communication and program coordination
- Contribute to a successful organization and movement
- Meet like-minded animal advocates
- Coordinate and participate in two leafleting events every month
- Secure locations for leafleting
- Communicate with venues about event regulations, ending times, and best areas to leaflet
- Keep a supply of leaflets at the CAA office and order more when necessary
- Arrange for transportation of materials to leafleting locations.
- Keep detailed records of the amount and type of literature ordered and distributed
- Recruit and train volunteers to help with leafleting
- A strong desire to educate the public about animal cruelty and compassionate eating choices
- Friendly and outgoing
- Good communication skills
- An ability to interact positively with a wide variety of people
- Available late in the evening for concerts and during school hours for colleges to leaflet
- Approximately 10 hours/month
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this position.