The Meatless Monday Coordinator will oversee CAA’s campaign to get Meatless Monday at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- Determine direction of the campaign including short- and long-term goals, targets, and timelines
- Coordinate a committee of volunteers. Communicate with the committee regularly via in-person meetings, email lists, social media.
- Coordinate outreach activities to engage students and the University community to push for the changes
- Maintain relationships with decision-makers
- Attract publicity via media, social media, and on-campus events
- Delegate responsibilities to other volunteers when necessary
- Learn how to create and conduct a campaign
- Learn key skills in project management, communication, leading and delegating, and animal ethics, nutrition, and environmental issues related to animal agriculture
- Meet and develop meaningful relationships with other animal advocates
- Make a huge difference for animals by reducing the number killed for food at the University.
- A strong desire to educate the public about CAA’s work
- Well-organized, detail oriented, creative and resourceful, with good problem-solving skills.
- Friendly and outgoing personality with good communication skills
- Able to interact positively with a wide variety of people
- Knowledgeable about animal cruelty issues and plant-based diets
- An eagerness to learn about CAA’s history, mission, core values, strategies, approach, and style of communication
- Mature judgment and ability to handle conflict in a polite and respectful way
- Previous experience with project management
- 25 hours/month
If you are interested in this position, contact Unny Nambudiripad at email@example.com.