The Tabling Coordinator will oversee CAA’s community tabling by acquiring materials for displays and recruiting and managing tabling volunteers.
How You Will Benefit
- You will learn how to convey CAA’s message of compassion for animals.
- You will learn how to train volunteers on effective tabling skills.
- You will educate the public about animal cruelty, veg diets, and Compassionate Action for Animals.
- You will recruit new volunteers and supporters to help further CAA’s mission of advocating for animals.
Criteria for Success
- Coordinate and execute on average at least one tabling event every month.
- Successfully work with at least two other volunteers, on average, for each tabling event.
- With assistance from your supervisor, recruit and train volunteers to staff tables.
- With assistance from your supervisor, recruit and train volunteers to help with pay-per-view programs
- Keep up to date on CAA events that should be advertised at informational tables.
- Secure any and all necessary materials for tabling including literature, sign up sheets, tables, signage, tents, and pens, video players, money (for pay-per-view).
- Arrange for transportation of all materials to tabling locations.
- Communicate with the Executive Director to ensure that all tabling duties are being fulfilled.
- Delegate responsibilities to other volunteers when necessary.
- A strong desire to educate the public about CAA’s work.
- Well-organized, detail oriented, creative and resourceful, with strong problem solving skills.
- Approachability: The Tabling Coordinator should be friendly and outgoing, have strong communication skills, and be able to interact positively with a wide variety of people.
- General knowledge about animal cruelty issues, vegetarian and vegan diets, and an eagerness to learn about CAA’s history, mission and core values, strategies, approach, and style of communications.
- Mature judgment and ability to cope with problems that may arise in a polite and respectful fashion.
- Previous experience with public communications is helpful, but not required.
Time Commitment: This position will require 10 hours/month.
Many of our tabling events involve our pay-per-view program; please check it out!
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in this position.