This internship is listed at most local colleges and universities through the Handshake website, where you can apply. We have the capacity to accept multiple interns. Interns may work remotely or in the office.
You’re also welcome to contact Executive Director Laura Matanah directly via email here.
The primary responsibility for the program assistant intern is to work with the Executive Director, Community Organizer, and volunteers to provide support for events that increase awareness, build community, nurture advocates, and create change for animals.
- Organizing, transporting, and caring for supplies needed for events.
- Evaluating what supplies we have on hand and creating a list of what needs to be purchased for a given event.
- Transporting boxes of up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly charging and cleaning electronic devices.
- Keeping supply storage areas neat and organized.
- Maintaining event planning areas by taking out trash, recycling, and doing dishes on a weekly basis.
- Documenting event participation by volunteers and event outcomes.
- Creating and editing pages on our internal wiki (training provided).
- Storing related documents, such as receipts, in Google Drive.
- Entering data into spreadsheets and databases.
- Creating brief reports using templates.
- Communicating with volunteer leaders via text or email.
- Participating in direct outreach as needed.
- Assisting at events when volunteers fall ill or have timing conflicts when possible.
- Familiarity with and belief in CAA’s model of creating change and mission.
- Maintain a vegan lifestyle.
- Proven experience in volunteer advocate development.
- Proven experience in program development.
- Familiarity with online systems, including databases; ability to learn to use new systems.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis throughout the Twin Cities metro area, at varied times of the day.
- Occasionally work at events on nights and weekends.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
This is a part-time position. Hours will vary week to week and include a weekly meeting with staff.
An evaluation will be completed if requested and be based on the responsibilities outlined in this job description.