This internship is listed at most local colleges and universities through the Handshake website, where you can apply. We have the capacity to accept multiple interns. Interns will primarily work remotely. Occasional work in the office and/or the community is optional.
You’re also welcome to contact Executive Director, Laura Matanah, directly via email here.
The primary responsibility for the program assistant intern is to work with the Executive Director, Community Organizer, and volunteers to provide support for events that increase awareness, build community, nurture advocates, and create change for animals.
Provide remote program support.
- Participate in event or program planning meetings.
- Complete tasks related to program and event planning, using Google docs, sites, sheets, and other online tools.
- Promote events and programs through social media.
Document event participation and event outcomes.
- Create and edit pages on our internal wiki (training provided).
- Store related documents, such as receipts, in Google Drive.
- Enter data into spreadsheets and databases.
- Create brief reports using templates.
- Communicate with volunteer leaders via text or email.
Participate in community events and direct outreach as desired.
- Interest in Compassionate Action for Animals’ work, which includes the promotion of animal well-being; plant-based eating; and the benefits for humans, animals, and the planet that can come from being vegan.
- Familiarity with online systems, including databases; ability to learn new systems.
This is a part-time, unpaid internship. Hours are flexible and will include a weekly meeting with staff.
An evaluation will be completed, if requested, and will be based on the responsibilities outlined in this job description.