We’re celebrating CAA’s 20th birthday at our Annual Banquet on Saturday, March 31, and we need you to help make it a success! Lending a hand at this annual fundraiser is a great way to meet other animal-friendly folks, and you get to support a great cause.
Listed below are the volunteer positions that need to be filled. Please read through to see which positions appeal to you and then fill out this form to sign up.
- Make Appetizers
- Help make appetizers! Details will be provided after you indicate interest.
- Food and Drink Transport | 10am – 2pm
- Pick up alcohol and food made by volunteers.
- Volunteers in this role must have a vehicle with storage space.
- Supply Transport | 11am – noon
- 3 volunteers needed, including 2 with larger vehicles
- Transport materials from the CAA office to the banquet hall.
- Setup | 2:30 – 5:30pm
- 9 volunteers needed, including an experienced lead
- Help set up the reception area and do most of the table setting. Setup includes putting up signage and decorations and preparing the food and drink stations in reception area.
- Appetizer and Dessert Prep | 2 – 4pm
- 5 volunteers needed, including an experienced lead
- Wash trays needed for appetizers and desserts, help plate the appetizers and desserts made by our volunteers, and prep small appetizer plates for setup volunteers.
- Registration Table | 5 – 7:30pm
- 2 volunteers needed
- Greet attendees as they arrive and handle any outstanding ticket payments.
- Food Prep and Cleanup | 4:30 – 8:30pm
- 5 volunteers needed
- Assist in plating and carrying out food, as well as removing used dishes from tables
- Required attire: black pants or skirt and a white shirt
- Reception Attendants | 5:15 – 7pm
- Five volunteers needed, including an experienced lead
- Keep reception area organized and clean. Four volunteers will help with auction item purchases. Two volunteers should act as coat checks and hang guests’ coats.
- Kitchen Cleanup | 6 – 8:30pm
- Four volunteers needed
- Clean and store dishes used throughout the event.
- Final Cleanup | 8:30 – 11pm
- Ten volunteers needed.
- Clean and store dishes used throughout the event, clear tables, and pack up supplies.
- Auction Purchase Assistants | 8:30 – 10pm
- Two volunteers needed
- Tally the results from the silent auctions and process payment.
- Photographer | 5:30 – 9pm
- One volunteer needed.
- Use your own professional camera to take photos that show the Annual Banquet to be a fun, lively event. If you have not volunteered before, please provide work samples.
Take a lead in helping manage volunteers in one of the following areas:
- Appetizer Preparation | 2 – 4pm
- Reception Food/Drink | 5 – 7pm
- Setup | 2:15 – 5pm
- Cleanup | 5:45 – 11pm
If any of these positions interest you, sign up today! We would really appreciate your help!