Please join us for our 8th annual Veg Week!
Compassionate Action for Animals (CAA) started our celebration all things veg back in 2004. Over the course of one week we celebrate vegetarian diets, educate the public about compassionate food choices, and inspire respect for farm animals. Events include a potluck, a dine-out, a cooking class, and much more. Check out our calendar below for a full list of events and times, and please join us! If you haven't already, take the pledge and get discounts at restaurants and more!
Please join Paul Shapiro of the Humane Society of the United States to learn about how you can help farm animals! Want to be inspired, amused, entertained, saddened, and did we say inspired? This is the workshop for you! Hear from one of the nation's most seasoned farm animal advocates on why these animals' plight is so dire, the truly amazing work that's being done to help them, and how YOU can get involved and take action for the too-often forgotten and terribly abused billions of animals who suffer in the meat, egg, and dairy industries.
- Location: Mississippi Room, Coffman Memorial Union, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 300 Washington Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN
- Time: 4 pm to 6 pm, Saturday, October 1
The menu will include Butternut Squash Bisque, Walnut Sage Pasta, and Cranberry, Apple, and Pear Crumble.
- Location: Van Cleve recreational center, 901 15th Avenue SoutheastMinneapolis, MN
- Time: Monday, October 3rd, 7 to 8:30 pm
Not sure where to start at the store to get healthy vegan food? Come on out and shop with a vegan! We'll talk about balanced plant-based nutrition and do a store walk through so you can stock your cart with the basics! Join Suzy Sorensen, Vegan Dietitian. Please RSVP to email@example.com. We have room for 12 people at this event, so reserve your spot early!
- Location: Wedge Co-op, 2105 Lyndale Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN
- Time: Tuesday, October 4th, 7 to 8 pm
Satisfy your inner sweet tooth through CAA's very own baketivists! We'll be selling cupcakes, bars, and brownies to raise funds for Veg Week. See how tasty dairy- and egg-free baking can be, and support our work to advocate for animals.
- Location: Basement of Coffman Union, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 300 Washington Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN
- Time: Thursday, October 6th, 10 am to 2 pm
Come enjoy delicious Nepalese, Tibetan and Indian food with some incredible company. Everest's menu offers many vegan dishes to choose from. This dine-out is an excellent opportunity to learn about the excellent ethnic veg food options in the Twin Cities, and a great way to meet fellow animal activists!
- Location: Everest on Grand, 1278 Grand Ave, St Paul, MN
- Time: Thursday, October 6, 6:30 to 9 pm
Please RSVP at Meetup.com.
Let's celebrate the hard work of the volunteers that made Veg Week possible. Everybody's invited: volunteers will be appreciated, and everybody else can show their appreciation.Whether you are the appreciated or the appreciators please come and join us as we celebrate over some good food and drinks.
Jasmine 26 has gained an esteemed recognition for their contemporary take on authentic Vietnamese cuisines, ranging from their wonderful salt and pepper tofu to their amazing selection of curries.
Jasmine 26's bar offers signature cocktails and spiked or virgin bubble teas that are exotic, vibrant and refreshing. Voted best cocktails in the Twin Cities by City Pages 2008.
- Location: Jasmine 26, 8 E 26th Street, Minneapolis, MN
- Time: Friday, October 7th, 8 pm to midnight
What better way to celebrate Veg Week and try some great veg food than with a vegan potluck? While some food will be provided, everyone is encouraged to bring a vegan dish (no animal products) to share that serves around five to eight people. Also, it is encouraged, but not necessary, to bring your own plate and silverware. This is a great opportunity to sample dozens of delicious foods, meet cool people from the community, and have fun. If the weather is nice, we'll be outside!
- Location: Meeting room, Van Cleve Recreational Center, 901 15th Ave. SE Minneapolis, MN
- Time: Saturday, October 8, 1 pm to 3 pm
Most of us are familiar with chickens as providers of eggs and meat, but we've had little opportunity to meet individual chickens and get to know their personalities. Please join us at the home of Leah and Brian Wasieleski, where they have 29 chickens living in peace.
There are a variety of treats you can bring for the birds–they really enjoy guests who bring them goodies, and people learn so much from interacting with them that way. Foods you can bring include greens (on the head is best), melon, raisins, grapes, cob corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, tofu, cooked pasta, whole wheat bread.
We'll meet at the CAA Community office and carpool to her house. Refreshments (for humans) will be provided. Please RSVP to Unny at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Carpool from the CAA Community Office, 2100 First Ave S, Minneapolis, MN
- Time: 1 pm to 5 pm Sunday, October 9th