Who We Are
Compassionate Action for Animals (CAA) is a nonprofit organization with a staff of two and over 200 volunteers. Our mission is to encourage people to embrace their empathy for farmed animals and move toward a plant-based diet. We do this through increasing awareness of farmed animal suffering, building community with plant-based eating, and nurturing advocates in the Twin Cities region.
Together, we can make a difference for farmed animals.
CAA Awarded 2019 Effective Animal Advocacy Fund Grant
We're excited to announce that Compassionate Action for Animals has been selected as a grant recipient of Animal Charity Evaluators’ Effective Animal Advocacy Fund!
Thanks to this grant of $40,000, we'll be one step closer to hiring a community organizer to support the growth of plant-based eating and animal advocacy in Twin Cities communities of color.
We want to make sure that we can support this position for several years and are exploring partnerships and additional funding to make this a reality.
If you have thoughts or want to be involved, please email Laura Matanah.
This grant will enable CAA to build on its work of the past two years including:
- Leadership from Latinx volunteers in organizing our Cinco de Mayo video outreach
- Support of Coco and Lala’s work to expand plant-based eating in the African-American community (check out our 2019 events!)
- A new Vegan Cookbook Club program in partnership with the Hennepin County Libraries which will include recipes and thoughts about animal-rights and veganism written by people of color
- The Wholesome Minnesota program, which increases plant-based food offerings in institutions such as schools which serve communities of color
- Expansion of the Explore Veg Mentor Program
You can learn more about the grant and process by clicking on the image above.