Moving towards a plant-based diet? Here are a variety of resources to help you on your way. From a list of veg-friendly restaurants to an archive of vegan recipes, we’ve got you covered. We hope that these resources will help you to continue on your path to compassionate living.
Veg Starter Guides
VegGuide.org is our world-wide guide to veg-friendly restaurants. It has over 17,000 entries and 13,000 reviews.
If you’re wondering how to make some awesome vegan meals at home, here are some handy links to have at your fingertips:
- Our Recipe Archive features dozens of culinary creations, including main dishes, sides, appetizers, soups, sandwiches, breakfast, desserts, and beverages.
- The internet abounds with free vegan recipes. We recommend The Post Punk Kitchen and VegWeb for a reliable selection.
- Check out our Tips for Vegan Baking to learn how to make decadent baked goods without the use of dairy or eggs.
A vegan diet is not automatically a healthy diet, but it can be. Educate yourself about plant-based nutrition with these reliable sources:
- Food Guide for Vegans is a single article with general guidelines for eating well on a plant-based diet. It was created by registered dietician and vegan Ginny Messina and can be found on her website theveganrd.com.
- VeganHealth.org is a website maintained by Jack Norris, registered dietician, vegan, and Executive Director of Vegan Outreach. He keeps it up-to-date with the latest research on nutrition topics of interest to vegans.
- Vegan for Life, by Jack Norris, RD, and Ginny Messina, MPH, RD, is an excellent book on vegan nutrition.
- NutritionFacts.org offers a huge selection of informative videos on a wide range of nutrition topics from Dr. Michael Greger.
Feeling the support of a like-minded community is vital for continuing on the path to plant-based eating. If you’re in the Twin Cities area, consider attending our events. We host monthly dine outs and potlucks for the purpose of building community. If you live elsewhere, search online for a local group or make connections through social media.
Speaking Up for Animals
If you’d like to learn more about how to advocate for farmed animals, take a look at our guides and how-to’s. These cover a variety of animal advocacy topics:
- Planning a Veg Fest from Start to Finish
- Planning a Large Potluck
- Guide to Effective Leafleting
- Guide to Effective Tabling
- Guide to Etiquette and Frequently Asked Questions
- Guide to Effective Postering
- Guide to Designing Posters and Flyers
- Guide to Effective Chalking at the U of M
- Guide to Being a Friendly Animal Advocate