Volunteer with CAA and make a difference for animals! We have a wide range of volunteer opportunities available. Whether you’re a student, professional, parent, or retiree, you can help animals. You must be at least 15 years old to sign up to volunteer or to take our volunteer trainings. If you are younger than 15, written parental consent is required for your participation as a volunteer.
As a vegetarian arriving at the University of Minnesota campus, I wanted to find a group of people who cared for animals as much as I did. Compassionate Action for Animals was so accepting and it was wonderful being involved in this group. I felt like I actually made a difference when I tabled, talking to the numerous students and teachers passing by.
Margot, CAA Volunteer
Read more volunteer testimonials and learn about volunteer responsiblilites and what you can expect from us.
Subscribe to Our Volunteer Newsletter
We send our volunteer newsletter out every two weeks. Subscribe today to stay in the loop on how you can help animals!
- CAA Call to Action – February 21, 2017
- CAA Call to Action – February 7, 2017
- CAA Call to Action – January 24, 2017
- CAA Call to Action – January 10, 2017
Upcoming Events Where You Can Volunteer
Here are the upcoming events for which we need volunteers. See each individual event for more details.
- February Potluck: Vegan Q&A on Sunday, February 26, 2017, 12:30pm - 3:00pm
- Leaflet with Vegan Outreach – March 2017 on Monday, March 6, 2017, 8:00am - 2:00pm
- March Potluck: Vegan Food and Mailing Party on Thursday, March 9, 2017, 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- March Evening Volunteer Orientation on Thursday, March 9, 2017, 6:00pm - 6:30pm
- March Saturday Morning Volunteer Orientation on Saturday, March 25, 2017, 10:00am - 11:00am
- Provide Vegan Food Samples for Students on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - Thursday, April 20, 2017, 8:50am - 10:45am
- 2017 Annual Banquet and Reception on Saturday, April 22, 2017, 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
We also have ongoing volunteer opportunities not connected to a single event.
- Campus Meetings & Other Events
- Community Tabling Coordinator
- Cooking for Events
- Development Committee
- Donor Appreciation Event Coordinator
- Event Assistant
- Give Away Food
- Help Plan the 2017 Banquet
- Help Plan the 2017 Vegan Chili Cook-Off!
- Joining the Board of Directors
- Leafleting Coordinator
- Literature Distribution Coordinator
- New Student Recruitment Coordinator
- Tabling Coordinator
- Twin Cities Veg Fest 2017 Planning Committee
- Volunteer at the 2017 Annual Banquet!
Be a Better Advocate for Animals
Check out our guides and how-to’s on a variety of animal advocacy topics!