Can you believe that our Twin Cities Veg Fest is happening in just less than two months? It’s true. Our third annual festival celebrating compassion is happening on Sunday, September 28th, and we hope to make this year’s the best and biggest one yet. Of course, we want as many people to attend this event as possible. Here are some ways that you can help get them there:
- Talk to your friends in person! The best way to get new people to the festival, to have them learn about wonderful plant-based foods, is direct person-to-person conversation.
- Use social media! Follow and share our Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and Pinterest pages. Also, invite your friends to Twin Cities Veg Fest using our Facebook event. Use the the hashtags #TCVegFest2014 and #CelebrateCompassion whenever posting about the festival.
- Put up posters! We have four sessions planned. Let us know if you can come. We will provide food.
- Saturday, August 16th and Saturday, September 6th from 1:00 – 5:00 pm. We will meet at the CAA office, 2100 1st Ave S, Suite 200, Minneapolis.
- Monday, September 8th and Thursday, September 11th from 1:00 – 5:00 pm. We will meet on the 2nd floor of Coffman Union, University of Minnesota, 300 Washington Ave SE, Minneapolis.
- If you want to put up posters but are not available on those days, email your mailing address to email@example.com, and he will send you a handful of posters and flyers. Alternatively, make an appointment to pick them up at the CAA office.
- Hand out leaflets at the University of Minnesota on Tuesday, September 2nd and Thursday, September 25th.
- Subscribe to the our e-newsletter, the Weekly Update, which will include lots of exciting news about the festival in the weeks to come. Forward the emails to your friends, and encourage them to attend.
For University of Minnesota students, in addition to the two on-campus postering sessions listed above, you may also:
- Announce the festival at the beginning of class with your professor’s permission. Many professors will let you make a brief plug, but this announcement would be especially suitable for philosophy, nutrition, or environmental classes. Contact us for flyers to give your classmates or if you are not sure about what information to include with the announcement.
- Flyer in the dorms on the university campus on Tuesday, September 23rd.
Can you think of another way to get the word out? Let us know!