Saturday, March 20, 2021
6:00pm - 7:30pm
We are excited to announce that Breathing Free: CAA’s 23rd Annual Banquet with Sicilian Dinner will take place March 20, 2021, on Zoom.
Join us for an exclusive take-out dinner catered by Hark!, a new vegan café, an amazing silent auction, and connecting online with others to move forward our work for animals.
The Sicilian Vegan Meal by Hark!—Available only at the CAA Banquet
- Antipasto: Rissole di miglio e cavolfiore served with pesto alla Trapanese — pan fried rissole of cauliflower, gigantes beans, and millet with a traditional Sicilian sauce
- Insalatona: Winter citrus and fennel salad with an agave mustard dressing — A typical Sicilian fennel salad that’s fresh, tart and sweet
- Primo: Penne all’Arrabbiata with parmesan cream — Penne with a classic Roman tomato sauce that has a little kick from calabrian chile, served with house-made parmesan cream.
- Dolce: Caramel apple crumble
Paired wines, beer, and a variety of non-alcoholic drinks can be purchased with your ticket. The meal will be available for pick-up at Hark! from 1:00pm-4:00pm on the day of the event.
Hark! Cafe: 430 N 1st Ave, Suite 150, Minneapolis, MN 55401
We encourage you to also visit Hark! during February to taste and rate their entry in the Twin Cities Vegan Comfort Food Challenge.
Information for people with special dietary needs is below.
The Silent Auction
Here’s some of the amazing items you can bid on to support our work for animals!
- Unique decorative items from India and elsewhere donated by Ram and Neena Gada, pictured above
- Gift cards to several Twin Cities eateries: including Reverie, The Tilted Tiki, and Wok in the Park
- Artwork by David Smith
- A gift card to Vegan Essentials
- 1-night stay at SoulSpace Farm Sanctuary
- A gift card to Truth Belts
- and MORE!
Mark your calendars and stay tuned for more information!
Special Dietary Needs
All menu items are gluten-free.
- Antipasto: Rissole di miglio e cavolfiore served with pesto alla Trapanese (soy free)
- Insalatona: Winter citrus and fennel salad with an agave mustard dressing (nut free)
- Primo: Penne all’Arrabbiata with parmesan cream (soy free)
- Dolce: Caramel apple crumble (soy free, nut free)