In 2016, Compassionate Action for Animals hosted the first annual Twin Cities Veggie Awards, recognizing Twin Cities businesses that offer outstanding vegan products. The awards program is designed to celebrate the Twin Cities’ thriving vegan community and to publicly thank and offer exposure for those businesses that make living compassionately an accessible and enjoyable option for Twin Cities residents.
The five winners are chosen from a list of finalists that includes all of the Twin Cities’ all-vegan businesses as well as a selection of the Twin Cities’ most outstanding vegan-friendly businesses. The panel consists of five members of the Twin Cities vegan community who have extensive experience with sampling vegan options in the Twin Cities.
- Best Vegan Breakfast/Brunch: Modern Times Cafe
- Best Vegan Lunch/Dinner: Reverie Cafe + Bar
- Best Vegan Options after 10pm: Masu Sushi & Robata
- Best Vegan Sweets: Milkjam Creamery
- Best Vegan Product: Grlk Sauce
- Special Citation: J. Selby’s
- French Meadow Bakery & Cafe
- Hard Times Cafe
- The Herbivorous Butcher
- Milkjam Creamery
- Reverie Cafe + Bar
The Twin Cities has many fine establishments that offer excellent vegan options for the compassionate community. Visit vegguide.org and happycow.net to locate veg-friendly grocery stores and dining options in the Twin Cities and beyond.