CAA has a student chapter at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. The New Student Recruitment Coordinator finds opportunities to recruit new students, coordinates volunteers for outreach events, and follows up with students to participate in meetings, events, and outreach.
Recruitment involves staffing tables, handing out leaflets, meeting with other student groups, and writing social media content. Our goal is to recruit 25 students to come to meetings and 25 to volunteer at least once in the semester.
- Find ways to promote CAA, our weekly campus meetings, and our volunteer opportunities
- Write content for our social media and for other organizations to promote online
- Conduct presentations at other organizations
- Organize leafleting and tabling
- Conduct follow-up communication with potential new volunteers
- Coordinate communication within Compassionate Action for Animals
Benefits of Position
- Meet new people who care about animals
- Find opportunities for students to engage on an issue they care about
- Help advocate for animals by increasing our collective talent and time
Qualifications and time commitment
- Friendly and outgoing
- Good communication skills
- An ability to interact positively with a wide variety of people
- Commitment to advocating for animals and helping people move towards a plant-based diet
- Approximately 20 hours/month from September through October
Please contact Unny Nambudiripad at email@example.com if you are interested in this position.