This easy vinaigrette is perfect for topping salads, as a dipping sauce for bread, or drizzled over a pizza.
- A pinch of sea salt, maybe 1/4 tsp.
- A dash of black pepper, maybe 1/8 tsp.
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 3/4 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced (optional)
- 1/4 to 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
In a small bowl add the first 5 ingredients. Whisk in the olive oil. Taste for balance adding more salt, vinegar, oil or maple syrup in very small amounts, if needed, and drizzle over a large salad or store in the refrigerator for at least a week.