A flavorful, easy, and nutritious tofu breakfast that everyone should have in their repetoire.
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ pound mushrooms, chopped (optional)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped (optional)
Using a fork or potato masher, crumble the tofu into small pieces and then sauté in oil in a frying pan. After a few minutes, add the remaining ingredients, turmeric through bell pepper, if used. Lightly toss in the pan until well-cooked. Serve warm.