Ingredients for Green-Bean Casserole:
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 1 vegan bouillon cube
- 2 1⁄2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. cold water
- 1 28-oz. can cut green beans
- 1 6-oz. can French-fried onions
Instructions for Green-Bean Casserole:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Sauté the onions and mushrooms in the vegetable oil in a skillet. Add the salt and pepper.
- Heat the soy milk and bouillon cube in a saucepan, stirring until the bouillon dissolves. Do not bring to a boil. Mix the cornstarch and water and add it to the pan, stirring well.
- Quickly add the green beans, the sautéed vegetables, and about half the French-fried onions and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a casserole dish and top with the remaining French-fried onions. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the onions begin to brown. Makes 4-6 servings