Yields 4 to 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1 cup diced potatoes or sweet potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 green or red bell pepper, diced
- 1 16-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ tin of yellow curry paste
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 16-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 to 6 cups cooked rice
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Chopped peanuts, for garnish
- Sriracha or Garlic Chili paste, for garnish
Set Instant Pot to medium-high and add vegetable oil and onion. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until onion softens. Add ginger and garlic and cook for one minute, stirring constantly
Turn off Instant Pot and add the ginger, potatoes, carrots, bell pepper, tomatoes, vegetable broth, curry paste, soy sauce, and peanut butter.
Set the Instant Pot to manual for 7 minutes. Release the pressure and stir in the coconut milk and lime juice. Cover with lid and let cook for about 3 minutes, until the coconut milk with warmed through.
Season to taste with additional soy sauce, curry powder, and lime juice. Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro, chopped peanuts, and a sprinkle of sriracha.