This egg-free sandwich makes a great lunch to bring to school or work and will leave your friends wondering, "is this really egg-free?"
- ½ pound firm tofu, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise (such as Vegenaise® or Nayonaise®)
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon stoneground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
Combine the mashed tofu with the green onions, vegan mayonnaise, pickle relish, mustard, cumin, turmeric, and garlic powder. Mix thoroughly.
Spread on whole wheat bread and garnish with lettuce and tomato slices.