- 3 large or 4 medium onions (I usually use sweet yellow onions)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 cups cooked rice (basmati rice works well)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk, such as soy milk or hazelnut milk
- 1 tube of mozzarella style Teese cheese (10 oz)
- ½ cup nutritional yeast flakes 2 tablespoons turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper Smoked paprika or regular paprika (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°.
Chop the onions and sauté in the olive oil. Grate the Teese cheese.
Mix together the sautéed onions, cooked rice, non-dairy milk, grated cheese, nutritional yeast flakes, turmeric, salt and pepper. Transfer mixture into a baking dish. Sprinkle paprika (smoked or regular) very liberally over the entire top of the mixture.
Bake for ~30-45 minutes or until mozzarella shreds are melted and mixture is well heated throughout. Remove from oven and serve.
All Rights Reserved by Angela Gilchrist