Note: This recipe makes a large batch. You’ll likely want to adjust the recipe so it serves 12.
- 6 Cups Chopped yellow Onions
- 1/2 C +1/2 C coconut oil, divided
- 8 Green Onions
- 2 C chopped Carrots
- 6 Cups Shiitake Mushrooms
- 3 jalapeno peppers (remove some or all seeds based on spice preference)
- 4 Serrano peppers (remove some or all seeds based on spice preference)
- 8 cups tempeh (chopped finely or to your preference)
- 2 T Crushed dried chilies
- 4 C Tomatoes (skin peeled)
- 2 C chopped kale
- 4 heads of chopped garlic
- 1 T chopped fresh turmeric
- 3 T chopped fresh ginger
- 1.5 T Thai Basil
- 2 cups chopped Kidney Beans (that’s right, chop the beans)
- 1.5 cups chopped pinto beans
- 6 cups chopped black beans
- 2 cups chopped garbanzo beans
- 1 Cup Tahini
- 1 T Crushed red chili flakes
- 2 T Chili oil
- 1 T Vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 t salt
- 1 cup chili garlic sauce
- 3 cans of coconut cream
- 1/4 cup Brags Liquid Aminos (soy sauce)
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Red Miso
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Wheat grass
- Coconut Lemon sorbet
- On medium (or medium/high) heat, saute yellow Onions in 1/2 C coconut oil.
- After a minute add the white part of the green onions (add the green part at the end) and carrots. Note: Continuously stir throughout the process.
- After another two minutes, add Shiitake mushrooms, Serrano peppers, jalapenos, and tempeh (this can be chopped to any size you like).
- After another two minutes, add another 1/2 C coconut oil, dried chilies, tomatoes (skin peeled), kale, garlic, turmeric, ginger, and Thai Basil.
- After another two minutes add the beans, tahini, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Two minutes later, add the chili oil, worcestershire sauce, salt, chili garlic sauce, and coconut cream.
- Lastly, turn down the heat to simmer and add the liquid aminos (soy sauce) and red miso. Let simmer for as long as you’d like – you can test the flavor throughout – and just before serving add the lime and lemon juices. Garnish as desired.
This recipe makes 24+ cups.