- 3 sheets puff pastry (Pepperidge Farms is vegan)
- 8 oz Upton’s Italian flavor seitan
- 1 large shallot
- 2 whole water chestnuts (or 6-8 slices)
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter or sesame paste
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 tsp curry powder
- salt & pepper
- Unroll chilled pastry and cut. into 9 even squares (a pizza wheel is good for this).
- Mince the shallot and water chestnuts
- Saute the shallot and water chestnuts until tender.
- Take the ingredients off the flame and add soy, peanut butter, and spices. Stir until well blended.
- Allow the filling to cool if it’s still hot.
- Stuff each pastry square with about 1 tbs of filling.
- Brush 2 edges of each square with water and seal the dry edges to the wet, making triangles.
- Keep chilled until baking.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes until browned.
This recipes makes 27 puff pastries.