Recipe by Liz H.
- 1 16 oz. package of semi-sweet chocolate chips (a vegan brand)
- 1 8 oz. container of nori shelf stable silken tofu (not refrigerated)
- a splash of soymilk (a tablespoon maybe)
- a spash of vanilla (optional)
- vegan prepared graham cracker crust
- melt chocolate chips on the stove, stirring frequently on medium heat.. add a little soymilk to keep them from getting to dry.
- put the tofu in a blender straight out of the box. no need to chop- before blending pour in the completely melted chocolate chip/soymilk mixture (it’s okay if it’s still hot).
- now, blend away on a high setting;
- you may need to help out a little with a rubber spatula buy scraping down the bits of tofu and choc. chips that get stuck to the side.. just keep pushing that stuff down from the sides with a rubber spatula to make sure it all gets blended well.
- you may add a tiny bit more soymilk if needed, but it will be too runny if you add too much.
- when finished blending it should resemble a chocolate mousse and be completely blended.. no specks of tofu of chocolate, it should be completely smooth.
- pour the tofu/chocolate mixture into the graham crust and spread evenly to make a smooth surface on top.
- chill a minimum of 3 hours, and you are good to go!
- totally heavenly with a vegan whipped cream, i might add 😉