Crisp yet tender. Toasted sesame oil and fresh lemon juice bring this dish to life. A must-try delicacy.
In this easy side dish recipe, AmyLeo Barankovich gives us bold flavors that are versatile enough to go with any main dish!
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
- 1 lb green beans with ends removed
- 1 t smoky salt
- ¾ t course ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- Wash green beans, drain well and cut into 2-3” pieces.
- Heat large cast iron skillet until just too hot to touch. Add oil and spread evenly across skillet. Add green beans and cook for 2-3 minutes, tossing regularly. Add smoky salt, black pepper and sliced almonds, cook for another 2-3 minutes, tossing regularly and adjusting heat, if necessary, as not to burn them. Beans and almonds should be slightly blackened. Add lemon juice, turn off heat, and let lemon juice vaporize. Remove from skillet immediately and serve.
- Note: the cooking time will vary slightly depending on the size and freshness of the green beans.
- Variations: this works very well with sugar snap peas, asparagus and Brussels sprouts