Nothing says “I love you” like chocolate. These truffles are easy to prepare and make the perfect Valentine's Day treat.
Makes about 30
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- Assorted fillings equaling about 1 cup (recipe below)
- Mini foil muffin cup liners (Foil muffin liners are essential, as paper ones stick to the chocolate and make them difficult to remove)
- Bring a small amount of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Place all the chocolate chips in a smaller pot or metal bowl, and let rest on top of the boiling pot of water. Stir the chocolate chips constantly until it is all melted. Remove from heat.
- Place about 30 mini muffin liners on a cookie sheet. Spoon a small amount of melted chocolate into the center of each liner, filling them about 1/3 full. Using the back of the spoon, push some of the chocolate up so it coats the side of each liner. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm again.
- Spoon in a small amount of filling (see below), so the cup is about 2/3 full.
- Top with a little more chocolate, leaving a small rim around the edge to make the liners easy to peel. Refrigerate again, and enjoy.
You can fill your truffles with anything you want. For simplicity, peanut butter or jam (or both) straight from the jar work fine. You can add almost any flavoring to the recipe below. Classics like mint, orange, or vanilla work great, as do less traditional flavors such as matcha green tea, coconut, or almond.
Makes enough filling for all the cups
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy milk – start with one and add more if needed
- Flavoring – if using extracts about 1/2 teaspoon. Zest or green tea powder may need more. – taste it to find out!
In a small bowl, whisk together sugar and soy milk. Adjust soy milk by a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached. Stir in flavoring.