These easy-to-make truffles are a rich, delicious treat to bring to family gatherings this holiday season.
- 1 12-ounce package non-dairy chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
- 8 ounces non-dairy cream cheese, such as Tofutti’s Better Than Cream Cheese
- 2 cups powered sugar
- 2 tablespoons flavored syrup, such as hazelnut or vanilla (optional)
- chopped nuts (optional topping)
- coconut flakes (optional topping)
- 1 cup non-dairy chocolate chips (optional topping)
Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler, saucepan, or microwave.
Put the non-dairy cream cheese in a food processor or high-powered blender and slowly add the sugar. Blend until well mixed. Then add the melted chocolate chips to the cream cheese mixture and blend until well mixed. If using flavored syrup, add the syrup to the mixture and blend for 30 seconds. Pour the blended mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Once chilled, roll the mixture with your hands into bite-sized balls and place on a serving tray.
If using optional toppings, pour the nuts and/or coconut flakes into a shallow bowl and roll the chilled balls into them. Place the truffles on a tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
For truffles with a hard chocolate coating, after the chilled mixture has been rolled into bite-sized balls, melt 1 cup of non-dairy chocolate chips. Dip the balls into the melted chocolate, place on a tray, and refrigerate for 2 additional hours.