- 5 large baking potatoes (or 6, see below)
- 10 slices Upton’s bacon seitan (this is a little less than one package)
- 1 cup vegan sour cream
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 3 Tbsp margarine
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded Daiya Cheddar cheese
- 6 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- For a better presentation, boil an extra peeled potato and add to the mixture so that the filled potatos are mounded rather than flat.
- Chop bacon into small pieces and saute with oil until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
- When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; leave skin with a 1/2 inch of potato.
- Mix the flesh with sour cream, bacon, soy milk, margarine, salt, pepper, 3/4 cup of the cheese and ¾ of the green onions. Mix until just blended. The mixture does not have to be silky smooth. Spoon the mixture into the potato skins. Top each with the remaining cheese, green onions, and paprika.
- Bake filled potatoes for another 15 – 20 minutes until the top is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
This recipe makes 10 potato halves.