We welcomed an estimated 10,000 people to Twin Cities Veg Fest in Harriet Island Park on September 15, 2019!
We ate, learned, and celebrated compassion under beautiful blue skies beside the Mississippi River.
Here are just a few of our favorite quotes from the 10K attendees, over 150 volunteers, and over 120 exhibitors who joined us:
- Most valuable was being around like-minded people and people who are doing truly great things in animal rescue or welfare and learning more about plant-based/vegan eating. I’m moving to this diet.
- I loved that there was an ask a dietitian booth—amazing.
- I enjoyed: trying out new-to-me restaurants and learning about new-to-me vendors; learning about/connecting with different organizations working locally and beyond; and connecting with other people around food and compassion.
- We really enjoyed the event and the crowd. Beautiful location! Great people to work with!
- Thanks for all your great work preparing for, implementing, and now following up after such an outstanding event. This was my first Twin Cities Veg Fest and I was so impressed by the scale, the variety and diversity among presenters and vendors, and how kind people were in handling challenges that arose while I was volunteering.
We want to express extra appreciation to all who joined us later than planned due to the shuttle mishap, and apologize for the issues with transportation that arose at this year’s festival. Our statement on accessibility and transportation provides additional information and ways to contact us, and also outlines plans for improvement in these areas next year.
What will next year bring? Be sure to subscribe to our email list to stay in the loop.
Many thanks to the donors, sponsors, volunteer committee members, day-of volunteers, exhibitors, presenters, musicians, and attendees who were part of Twin Cities Veg Fest 2019. Together we broke attendance records, helping a growing community to take action on their empathy for animals and to move towards a plant-based diet.
If you have any photos from the festival, be sure to @tcvegfest and #tcvegfest on social! We’d love to hear what you thought about this year’s festival (and take a peek at any of the foods you tried)!