CAA is hiring a part time Event Coordinator to plan CAA events. CAA organized a number of events throughout the year including our Veg Week events, a vegan Thanksgiving Potluck, food giveaways, and more.
The Event Coordinator will oversee several key CAA events. The first is Veg Week, a week-long series of events including potlucks, dineouts, a feed-in, film screenings, and more. Other events may include our annual vegan Thanksgiving Potluck, food giveaways, a chili cook-off, and other events as time and volunteer support allows.
Event planning typically involves working a committee of volunteers to coordinate logistics (supplies and transportation), advertising, cooking, setup, cleanup, and volunteer schedules during the event. The Event Coordinator will:
- Plan and execute fun, informative events that highlight various aspects of our work. Events may focus on factory farming and animals, education about plant-based eating, sharing vegan food, or creating a animal-friendly community in the Twin Cities.
- Work with volunteers at events to make sure they know what their jobs are, and provide supervision for the whole event.
- Provide volunteers with the opportunity to make a big difference for animals and foster an animal-friendly community in the Twin Cities.
Benefits of Position
- Reach new people who are interested in learning about animal agriculture and plant-based eating.
- Help foster a community of animal-friendly people in the Twin Cities.
- Gain skills in interpersonal communication, campaign coordination, and logistics.
- Contribute to a successful organization and movement.
- Securing locations for events.
- Creating lists of supplies, volunteer schedules, and checklists for events.
- Arranging for transportation, purchase of supplies, and equipment rental.
- Keeping detailed records of volunteer participation at events.
- Recruiting and training volunteers to help with events.
- Supervising events as a whole to make sure they are on schedule and going smoothly.
- A strong desire to educate the public about animal cruelty and compassionate eating choices.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work work with volunteers to plan events, as well as the ability to given clear directions to volunteers at events.
- Strong organization skills and a keen eye for details. You must be able to walk through all aspects of an event in your head in advance in order to properly plan for an event.
- Excellent time management skills. You will need to plan events well in advance, and may be required to split your time between several events at the same time
- Occasional evening and weekend availability as most of our events do not take place during standard work hours.
The ideal candidate will have experience organizing events and managing volunteers. You will need to be self-motivated and self-sufficient.
This position requires computer work with our databases, planning software, and email lists. You should be comfortable spending a significant portion of your time using a computer. You should also be comfortable following up with volunteers on a regular basis through phone calls, text messaging, email, social media, and other forms of online communication.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Submit your resume as an attached PDF or plain text file. Alternately, you can provide a link to a web page or PDF. Please include your cover letter in the body of the email. Your cover letter should explain why you are interested in this position, and why you are passionate about working in animal advocacy.
Vegan candidates are encouraged to apply and will be given preference.
Applications are due by the end of Friday, August 2. We plan to do interviews between August 16, 17, and 20.
Compensation and Hours
This position is for 10 hours/week and pays $10 per hour. We do not offer group health insurance coverage. There is no paid sick or vacation time.
The new hire will start in early September. This position will be staffed for 35 weeks (during the academic school year).