Whether you’re into simple gestures or going all out for a friend, loved one, or yourself, the Twin Cities have many ways to celebrate love compassionately this week.
In case you’re a last-minute planner, we compiled a list of just some of the vegan Valentine’s specials and celebrations going on around the cities.
Make a Valentine’s stop at a vegan restaurant!
If your style is a dinner out, support local businesses as they host vegan Valentine’s date nights on February 14. Some of the specials we’ve seen include:
- Fig and Farro‘s Valentine’s Day Special, February 14 5-9pm. Enjoy a $40 per person prix-fixe menu as well as delicious cocktails and a special dessert! You can make a reservation here.
- My Vegan Valentine – A Date Night for Vegans February 14, 6-9pm at LUSH. Enjoy a 5-course vegan menu, bottomless wine, and special Valentine’s readings and performances by Damien D’Luxe and Queenie Von Curves. You can make a reservation here.
- Seed Cafe’s Vday Dinner on February 14. $35 for dinner for two and dessert or $49 to add a bottle of wine.
- Give back while dining out at Trio Plant-based. Mondays through Thursdays throughout February, if you mention “WE WIN” to your server at Trio, 10% of your bill will be donated to support WE WIN’s programs Minneapolis youth.
- Or, Be Your Own Valentine at J. Selby’s on February 14––Enjoy their happy hour from 4-6pm as well as their burger and
soyclonespecials throughout the day.
Let’s Misbehave – Mistress Ginger’s 6th Annual Valentine’s Cabaret, February 13 and 14 at LUSH
Special discount ticket offer for Mistress Ginger’s 6th annual Valentine’s show!
Mistress Ginger Sings Cole Porter
TONIGHT Wednesday, February 13 & tomorrow,
LUSH, 990 Central Ave NE, Minneapolis
VIP $25 – Includes reserved seating plus a glittering gift bag of vegan Gingersnatch Cookies
General Admission $15 – Use promo code Ginger5 for $5 off!
Get your tickets in advance at LUSHmpls.com
Note that VIP ticket sales close 24 hours before showtimes.
Promo code Ginger5 is only valid for general admission tickets purchased online.
Tonight we’re gonna party like it’s 1929. Mistress Ginger, our venerable cabaret queen, has unearthed a treasure trove of delicious Cole Porter tunes for your Valentine’s amusement. With Franco Holder on piano and special guest Joey Clark, Ginger takes you on a vintage musical journey from a chic penthouse in Manhattan to the Café de Paris. Revel in the music of one of the twentieth century’s greatest — and gayest — composers, whose songs are famously full of glamour, wit, passion, and the permission to be naughty. Let’s do it! More info at junkyardcabaret.com.
- If you missed their Valentine’s Dinner for Two, you can still pick up something sweet or savory from The Herbivorous Butcher to feature in your Valentine’s meal. Check out their daily menu here and mark your calendar for the reairing of their Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives episode on February 15 and 16 (because what’s more romantic than Guy Fieri eating a vegan deli sandwich?)
- Seed Cafe put together an awesome post with three different menus you can make at home that are sure to satisfy whatever kind of craving you have this week. Check out their Valentine’s Dinner 3 Ways here!
- Check out recipes for some of the most delicious looking vegan Valentine’s desserts on Vegan Faux Ever as well as some quick tips about what to check for if you’re buying a treat store-bought.
- Not into baking? Vegan East has you covered with all of the sweet treats you could dream of!
And don’t forget our annual Valentine’s Bake Sale!
Although Valentine’s and Galentine’s will have passed, there’s no rule that says you can’t keep spreading the love around! Treat yourself with a vegan dessert made by one of our baketivists at our Galentine’s Vegan Bake Sale, Monday, February 18 from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm at Coffman Memorial Union.