Want to use your skills to make a difference for farmed animals? Know someone whose experience would be a great fit? Applications for this exciting job are due by 3 p.m. on June 8. Read on for the full details and how to apply.
Compassionate Action for Animals (CAA) is hiring a part-time (15 hours a week) Design Director to further our mission of encouraging people to cultivate empathy for animals and move towards a plant-based diet. We are seeking a candidate with experience in design and management of design for print, web, and social media, including work with video.
This position collaborates extensively with the Executive Director and Communications Coordinator, as well as other staff, board, and volunteers. Collaboration will be done through a combination of remote meetings and online tools. Day to day work can be done remotely and scheduling is flexible. Monthly in person attendance of staff meetings or other events is encouraged. CAA is located in Minneapolis and we seek a candidate living in the Twin Cities metro area.
- Overall responsibility for the development and execution of CAA’s visual communications in a manner that moves forward our mission and vision
- Establishment and maintenance of design standards
- Direction and support of graphic design, video, video editing, and photography volunteers
- Design and management of the look and feel of our websites using Divi and WordPress
- Collaborating on the development and publication of our annual magazine, Twin Cities Veg Living and our annual report with support from other staff
- Directing the visual design of our annual report and magazine
- Graphic design of print materials including brochures, magazines, posters, banners, and signage
- Development of program logos
- Development of images for display on multiple social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Required attributes, experience, and skills:
- A strong desire to expand compassion for farmed animals and adoption of compassionate eating choices
- Project or publications management experience
- Demonstrated experience in graphic design and marketing; training in graphic design or marketing a plus
- Social media savvy
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite programs, especially Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Premiere
- Experience in web design and management
- Experience in video design and editing
- Strong organizational skills and a keen eye for details
- Excellent time-management skills
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient, yet with collaboration skills
- Adherence to our core values, enthusiasm for our strategic plan, and maintenance of a vegan lifestyle
This position is 15 hours a week and pays $20/hr. Payroll is run once a month. The hours will be averaged out over the course of the year. Vacation can be taken when planned in advance, with work being done ahead. We seek candidates interested in making at least a two-year commitment to the position.
CAA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send an email of interest that details your relevant experience and interest in our mission, titled Design Director 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach samples of your work or include a link to your portfolio.