Tuesday, April 18, 2023
6:30pm - 7:30pm
The cookbook selection for April is: Teff Love (2015) by Kittee Berns
If you are curious about vegan cooking, this club is for you! Each month participants make three recipes from popular cookbooks then share their reflections with the group. Novice to expert cooks are welcome, as are interested non-cooks. Registration not required.
You may download the recipes using the link below or pick them up at East Lake Library, 2727 E. Lake Street, Minneapolis, MN 55406. Printed recipe packets are available at the library’s Safe Pick-Up Station. Simply check in with the greeter and ask for the Vegan Recipe Club packet. If you would like contactless pick-up, please call the library during open hours and request curbside service.
In the recipe club this month we will discuss these recipes from Teff Love:
- shehan full (seasoned fava beans topped with tomatoes, onions and chile) – pg 46-47
- ye’shimbra be’akuri ater kolo (crunchy, spicy chickpeas and soybeans) – pg 6
- ye’atakilt alicha (stewed cabbage, potatoes, and carrots in a mild sauce) – pg 100
- OR ye’tikil gomen be’karot (stewed, seasoned cabbage with tender carrots in. garlic ginger sauce – pg 123
- sleepy vegetable stock – pg 38 Chapter 1
- Holy Trinity – you can purchase these items vs making them.
- berbere paste (spicy red-chili seasoning blend) – pg 22-23
- ye’qimem zeyet (seasoned oil) – pg 24-25
- INJERA: ersho (Teff Sourdough Starter) – pg 28-29;
- ye’teff injera (Teff Sourdough Crêpes) -pg 30-32
Download April recipes here.
Facilitated by Henry Patterson of Compassionate Action for Animals.
View additional information and previous recipes here. Topic: Vegan Recipe Club Time: Tuesday, March 21, 2023, 6:30 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 815 7424 7392 Passcode: 467109 Dial by your location: +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC) +1 929 205 6099 US (New York) +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago) +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma) +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston) +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)