Welcome to May! Eating plant-based meals and living a veg lifestyle doesn’t just impact animals and the environment, it can impact your health as well! Join us this month as we explore recipes created by Sandra and Susan Sellani from their cookbook, The 40 Year-Old Vegan.
Here’s what Jane Velez-Mitchell had to say about the book:
“There comes a point when you realize you potentially have less time left on this planet than what you’ve already lived. You start hearing about friends who’ve gotten some horrible disease or just look like they’re dying. The fear of death seizes you and you finally ask yourself the most important question: how can I optimize my health to prolong my life and avoid heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer’s, or some other devastating fate? Good news! This book contains the answer. There is no sacrifice involved. Just a switch in attitude accompanied by a lifestyle change. It’s that simple.”
– Jane Velez-Mitchell, Founder/editor of JaneUnChained.com
You can download this month’s recipes here.
The 40 Year-Old Vegan, by Sandra and Susan Sellani, 2017.
- Deli Style Tuna Salad Sandwich, page 130-131
- Orange Ginger “Chicken Lettuce Wraps,” page 120-121
- Banana Coconut Cupcakes, page 248-249
- Sloppy Janes and Skinny Slaw, page 124-125
- Applesauce Cake with Cinnamon Glaze, page 254-255