Director of Volunteer Programs Wanted
NOTE: We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
Compassionate Action for Animals is a nationally-recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit based in Minneapolis, MN focused on eliminating cruelty to animals through vegetarian outreach, education, and community building.
CAA volunteers lead all our campaign efforts and daily operations. The volunteer leadership holds primary decision-making authority over the direction of the organization. The Director of Volunteer Programs is responsible for engaging and empowering volunteers to make a difference for animals.
CAA is a growing, dynamic nonprofit with a great group of passionate volunteers. This is your chance to shape the future direction of a highly effective organization and participate in work that you care about. You will grow your skills at organizing, leadership, and networking, and help make a better future for animals.
The primary duties of this position are to:
- Recruit volunteers and orient them to CAA's mission and core values.
- Train volunteers to to lead and assist with CAA's programs.
- Work with volunteers to develop strategies, campaigns and programs.
- Ensure duties of organization are being filled and carried out primarily by volunteers.
- Directly assist with the execution of programs and events as needed.
- Work closely with and supervise volunteers. Conduct regular check-ins and evaluations.
- Ensure that volunteers receive recognition for their contributions.
- Remain updated on best practices in the field of volunteer management.
- Assist with fundraising, strategic planning, board development, and general administration as needed.
The ideal applicant will have experience organizing events and managing groups, as a volunteer or paid employee. Of course, you should also have a passion for our cause.
This is a full-time position. Hours will be flexible, and you can do some work from home, as long as you have a viable Internet connection.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
We plan to do interviews between June 6 and June 16. Ideally, the new candidate will start on Monday, July 6.
This position pays $20,000 per year, and receives four weeks of paid vacation per year. There is also a training budget of $500 per year available for the position. We do not offer any health insurance or retirement benefits.